자유게시판

Marmion Academy Announces Head Coach Thorpe Retirement From Football P…

페이지 정보

작성자 Mellissa Pflaum 댓글 0건 조회 29회 작성일 23-11-04 06:14

본문

Above / Marmion Academy Head Football Coach Dan Thorpe is retiring after two decades of soccer team leadership, however will stay as Director of Guidance and head coach of Marmion Track & Field. (Photo courtesy Marmion Academy)

Aurora, IL - Marmion Academy introduced at the moment that after practically two many years as Head Football Coach, Dan Thorpe is voluntarily retiring from Marmion’s football program. Although Coach Thorpe will now not be teaching football, he will remain the Director of college Guidance at Marmion Academy and will retain the head Coach position for the school’s Track & Field workforce.

"Since Coach Thorpe joined the Marmion Family as Head Football Coach in 2005, he has given his very best each on and off the field. His dedication to this system, the athletes, and their families is unparalleled.," stated Anthony Tinerella ’84, President of Marmion Academy.

"Thankfully, Dan Thorpe might be persevering with at Marmion in his role as our Director of faculty Guidance and Head Track & Field Coach," Tinerella added. "He will proceed to be a optimistic function model and guiding drive for our students and their families, serving to generations of scholars discover the best school or university that best meets their career objectives and academic wants. We thank Coach Thorpe for his years of faithful service, exhausting work, and tremendous run as our Head Football Coach."

Brief recap of Thorpe’s profession

Thorpe has coached high school/college football for forty two years, working at eight different colleges in 4 states: Wisconsin, Maryland, Ohio, and Illinois. He started his teaching career in 1981 as an assistant coach at University of Wisconsin - River Falls and he received his first head coach place in 1987 at Turner Highschool in Beloit, WI.

Prior to coming to Marmion, he was head coach for 17 years at 4 totally different colleges with an total personal document of 120-60. He took teams to the State Playoffs (Wisconsin and Illinois) eleven of those 17 years.

While Head Coach at Turner Highschool, Thorpe coached the school’s State Runner-Up workforce in 1987 and led the Turner Highschool Trojans to change into State Champions in 1988.

Thorpe is the primary individual in Wisconsin historical past to win a State Championship as a participant (1976) and as a Head Coach (1988). He can also be the first particular person in Wisconsin to play in (1977) and coach (1991) an All-Star Game. Along with Wisconsin, he has coached All-Star Games in Ohio and Illinois.

Thorpe has a file of 101-86 while at Marmion and has coached 10 teams that have qualified for the IHSA State Playoffs. His greatest end was his 2010-eleven season when the Cadets finished because the IHSA 6A State Runner-Up with a file of 12-2. Coach Thorpe has coached a total of six NFL players; two previous to coming to Marmion and four Marmion alumni: Graham Glasgow ’11, Ryan Glasgow ’12, Jordan Glasgow ’15, and Luke Juriga ’15.

Thorpe expressed appreciation and more

"It has been an honor to be the pinnacle Football Coach at Marmion Academy," noted Thorpe. "Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about Marmion soccer indirectly. I am filled with gratitude, delight, and a way of accomplishment for the opportunities I've had, the relationships I've built, and the influence we've got made together. I am grateful to the Benedictine Monks, Marmion Administration, the faculty, my assistant coaches, and my family, however most of all of the gamers, each current and past, who've impacted my life in many ways."

Thorpe continued, "I am happy with the journey we shared. It was not simply in regards to the wins and losses, but the recollections, challenges, and classes realized each on and off the field. I appreciate the dedication from the players and my assistant coaches, and I've cherished each second spent on the sidelines, guiding, and mentoring the Cadets as they developed into sturdy, devoted, and resilient people."

Famous last phrases…

Thorpe added, "Two quotes that every Marmion football player will recall hearing from me are ‘Have No Regrets’ and the ‘Bus Keeps Moving.’

"I will continue to reside by this philosophy during my football coaching retirement."

Marmion Academy notes Thorpe’s ‘outstanding service’

Marmion Academy is grateful to Thorpe for his excellent service to the varsity neighborhood and to the football program. He has left his mark on this system holding the title of the "winningest coach" in program history, along with offering his gamers with the inspiration for fulfillment in life after high school.

"Coach Dan Thorpe has been one of many pillars of our Marmion neighborhood over the previous 19 years. He has set an incredible normal when it comes to modeling faith, service, and high character to our students. His dedication to Marmion and our group has been unwavering during his time. Beyond being an excellent coach, Dan has helped to shape his players’ lives and teach them to develop into quality younger males," acknowledged Joseph Large ’97, Principal of Marmion Academy.

Search for brand new coach now in progress

Marmion Academy’s search to change Coach Thorpe will begin instantly. Kindly direct all inquiries to athletics@marmion.org.

When you adored this post along with you want to acquire more info relating to all star football game generously pay a visit to our web site.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회원로그인